Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SKS Satellite Key Sharing??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 658 Posts

Default SKS Satellite Key Sharing??

very interesting read

C/p
    Dellsam34

I just came back from a trip to europe, I visited some friends and found out that they are using a new way to get the key data which is from a satellite channel instead of a server SKS. Since the communication is one way only its very smart to go this route when it comes to privacy, I was just wondering if something like this does or will exist in north america ??

Later in thread

I saw two types of equipement, one is built in the sat receiver, the other is a separate small satellite box connected to the main satellite box via a serial port, the othe end is connected to a permanenet bird to get the key data. there is a second or two lag when changing between channels, however the downtime is small compared to the IKS.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

another post

I am Brazilian and I have this system and I am going to explain - I'm sorry my bad English.
    Here we have two systems for sonicview:

A- using a dongle Tlink adapt RS232 to RJ45 just like NewLink and iHub is the same thing I have this 3, we have a IKS just like here that send the keys by internet, the diference is that the newlink's server is free and our we have to paid about U$8 p/month.

B- the second system is SKS satellite keys share in this system the keys are transmited by one satellite not by internet, we have a chip that we put into a sv Premier and transform it In a dongle sks that receive the keys from a satellite ( here we are using the Telstar 12 because there is a internet provider in this sat and you can rent one channel to transmit the keys) and transmit the keys to another premier by RS232 just like your picture, but we can use 2 satellite provider Telefonica from Amazonas 61w and OI from Brasilsat 70w both have signals in ***************3 and we have these 2 differents keys in the same system, we can use a diseqc and watch 2 satellites, again just like you!!
    Now we are testing one chip to put in a Elite than we do not need more two receivers because it has two turners - one for keys from telstar and other to Amazonas 61w or Brasilsat 70w.

In order for this to work every user would have to have 2 dishes one for keys and one for signal. You would also need a sks dongle. It is a one way signal but the problem with one way is there is no protection.
    c/p

It may be easy for them in Europe or South America but in North America it would be a problem. They would have to purchase the satellite account which would send the keys via satellite. This can be tracked easy on USA and Canada. Even though it will be set up under fake names It would be very easy for DN to continuously shut it down.

Even though it is one way the main difference you will get with sks is that you would be able to change channels faster.

thx

End of c/p

Thought it was very interesting. Wonder what your thoughts were on this?

[after a little more reading i found that captive works was supposeingly to run with this back in 2009]

Captiveworks n3 Solution (SKS SYSTEM)
    C/P

Written by The xxxxxxx Admin Team on June 29th, 2009

Captiveworks Nagra 3 Solution
    (SKS SYSTEM) Satelite keys sharing via satelite
    In a couple of weeks Captiveworks will have out a different kind of dongle for Key Sharing. Doesn’t require an IP address. Doesn’t connect to the internet.
    Connects to serial port so will work on all models. Other end of dongle connects to an LNB you point at sat. Keys download from sat transponder rather than the internet. Untraceable!
    Here’s a picture of one used overseas:

hxxp://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:...obox%25206.gif

This may be a safer viable option for those with concerns about having there stbs hooked up to the internet 24/7.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kya100 For This Useful Post:

bigkbox (02-13-2011),Holly_2012 (03-13-2014),purriocity™ (02-13-2011),sodusme (09-07-2012)

Thanks

Default Re: SKS Satellite Key Sharing??

This was planned...but has never came to pass
    Their is more to it than meets the eye.....Not
    by no mean imposable ...But has some really
    big/bad headaches attached.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackOut For This Useful Post:

bigkbox (02-13-2011),doris (09-06-2012),kya100 (02-13-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
    who knows how to rent one channel to transmit the key ? and i really want to know how to get SKS service,who can help me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
    but , i really want to know how to rent one channel to transmit the keys, and i want to know how to get SKS service , who can help me? if somebody knows,could u pls send the message to me , and my email is:XXXXXXXXXXX
    Last edited by bigkbox; 09-06-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doris View Post
    but , i really want to know how to rent one channel to transmit the keys, and i want to know how to get SKS service , who can help me? if somebody knows,could u pls send the message to me , and my email is:XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    friend just google azbox bravissimo and hit on the azbox bravissimo & moozca distributor,and youtube will come up and you,ll see what you need and how to set up both antennas and everything....
    Last edited by bigkbox; 09-06-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

Smile Re: SKS Satellite Key Sharing??

actually,my company sell STB to worldwide market, we need OTA service to end user by satellite.* Could you support low bitrate satellite one way service for the require ?*we need rent one way service to coverage Latin America for now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steven charles View Post
    friend just google azbox bravissimo and hit on the azbox bravissimo & moozca distributor,and youtube will come up and you,ll see what you need and how to set up both antennas and everything....
    actually,my company sell STB to worldwide market, we need OTA service to end user by satellite.* Could you support low bitrate satellite one way service for the require ?*we need rent one way service to coverage Latin America for now.

Thanks

Smile Re: SKS Satellite Key Sharing??

i want to know how to rent one channel to transmit the keys,can you help me?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,833 Times in 1,618 Posts

A safer way to do it and I don't even know if its possible....would be by telephone. Especially with the way VOIP has come about and made things possible.

When I was a kid we had a 10FT Winegard. We also had a modem in the living room near the G.I. descrambler that we had. The modem was hooked directly to the G.I. box. Dad would hook up the telephone line to this modem and it would dial out and get the 'keys' for this G.I. box. The phone number was to a guy about 3-4 cities away but it worked....and it worked well. Some of you may remember these set ups. There were 'pink' and 'blue' boards on these G.I. descramblers. One was easier then the other to bootleg but I can't remember now which was which.

So with that said isn't there any way to turn 'keys' transmitted over a phone line into 'data' that then could be inputted into these boxes automatically? Hell you could even set up a place OUTSIDE the U.S. in a fringe signal area where you could still receive the satellite signal....but out of the reach of U.S. law. Kind of like they do when you dial in and you can enter your phone number or credit card number or the last name of someone you want to reach? That kind of set up? The phone number could be a local call for those getting IKS as all that's needed is like a Vonage package with international long distance. I guess if they busted the place they could maybe do a reverse trace on the number and find out who had called it? I don't know how that would work as I don't dabble in VOIP stuff that much. The people setting it up could rent or buy a shack somewhere and wouldn't even have to live there....as all that would be needed would be a telephone line(s) into the place and some computer equipment?

Something to ponder....might not be possible but would certainly would be a LOT safer.
    Last edited by sodusme; 09-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sodusme View Post
    A safer way to do it and I don't even know if its possible....would be by telephone. Especially with the way VOIP has come about and made things possible.

When I was a kid we had a 10FT Winegard. We also had a modem in the living room near the G.I. descrambler that we had. The modem was hooked directly to the G.I. box. Dad would hook up the telephone line to this modem and it would dial out and get the 'keys' for this G.I. box. The phone number was to a guy about 3-4 cities away but it worked....and it worked well. Some of you may remember these set ups. There were 'pink' and 'blue' boards on these G.I. descramblers. One was easier then the other to bootleg but I can't remember now which was which.

So with that said isn't there any way to turn 'keys' transmitted over a phone line into 'data' that then could be inputted into these boxes automatically? Hell you could even set up a place OUTSIDE the U.S. in a fringe signal area where you could still receive the satellite signal....but out of the reach of U.S. law. Kind of like they do when you dial in and you can enter your phone number or credit card number or the last name of someone you want to reach? That kind of set up? The phone number could be a local call for those getting IKS as all that's needed is like a Vonage package with international long distance. I guess if they busted the place they could maybe do a reverse trace on the number and find out who had called it? I don't know how that would work as I don't dabble in VOIP stuff that much. The people setting it up could rent or buy a shack somewhere and wouldn't even have to live there....as all that would be needed would be a telephone line(s) into the place and some computer equipment?

Something to ponder....might not be possible but would certainly would be a LOT safer.
    Thanks for your reply, but i still confused , the key point is where i can get an SKS account ?

Thanks

I remember when n3 first came out there was a rumor that Captiveworks was going to try SKS but it never happened.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to alH633 For This Useful Post:

doris (09-09-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alH633 View Post
    I remember when n3 first came out there was a rumor that Captiveworks was going to try SKS but it never happened.
    friend theres a few receivers in the market that do sks and iks,the azbox bravissimo and other azbox receivers are some of them,theres people watching amazonas and sky and even claro tv,also as we speak....

Thanks

oh , really ,thanks a lot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steven charles View Post
    friend theres a few receivers in the market that do sks and iks,the azbox bravissimo and other azbox receivers are some of them,theres people watching amazonas and sky and even claro tv,also as we speak....
    so, how can i get a SKS account ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doris View Post
    so, how can i get a SKS account ?
    friend theres no account to get you need two one meter antenna,s with linear lnbs and a receiver like the azbox bravissimo,and you point one to hispasat 30.w to get the keys and the other to amazonas 61.w to see tv,but the only thing i don,t know where to get the files....

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steven charles For This Useful Post:

doris (09-09-2012),iq1800 (09-11-2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast