Thread: OpenBox s16 HD Setup instructions & needed Files

Thanks

Default OpenBox s16 HD Setup instructions & needed Files

Anybody Know how to setup the OpenBox S16 HD Reciever or is it the same setup as earlier models and which files work within the open box forum or where can I located the necessary files for dn channnel list and any file image I may need to to get service on a paid server and can someone recommend if i should use a wifi dongle or a router system to connect to my wifi. I have been researching for days with no positive results Basicly I am newbie and think a harder reciever to learn on will be benificial in the long run plus the hd reciever i want to purchase is on the expensive side so I will purchase this box for a cheap price untill I learn all the ins and out of programming so a complete guide on this will be helpfull. and if no one thinks this is a reciever wich will have programming anytime soon any advice on recievers i can purhcase at a fair price would be gladly appreciated im am eager to get started just so confused with which reciever is a good reciever to learn on.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,108 Times in 3,614 Posts

Default Re: OpenBox s16 HD Setup instructions & needed Files

~If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OneHipGirl For This Useful Post:

cxcapo (10-28-2012)

Thanks

S16 works on fta and private$ also, but no epg & no hd (turbo) from dn or bev.
    Nihil Sine Deo

Thanks

Can anyone help setting up the openbox s16 on nfps server. I have all my necessary info donation code server name etc but need help with the steps inputing information to getting service up and running, I have no clue where to beggin, I added sat 110 &119 because I did not see them in the satelite list . I put my info in the Newcamd Server Setting, I tried scanning satelites for all channels, netrwork channels, free channels, every which way with no success.The channels either say no signal or scrambled I know I have signal because my dish receiver is still activated and in use I am using a vonets wifi thingy both yellow and blue lights lit up, which has been programmed to my wifi network through my computer not sure if I also have to program that to the box so basicly I need a step by step guide for dummies. This box is fresh out the wrapper with no updates. I been at this for a few hous now so i guess I am gonna rehook up my regular dish box and rethink my next steps hopefully someone can give me some insight on how next to proceed hopefully tomorrow afternoon I will check back to see if I have any responses to this post thabnk you to all and any who may offer some help.
    Last edited by cxcapo; 10-28-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: error

Thanks

cxcapo....i don't have an openbox s16 but i do have an s9 and s10 and i think the instructions i'll give you will work for your s16 also........First with all the openbox receivers you will need a disecq switch and 2 separate ''legacy'' lnb's (No Dishpro).....hook the 119 lnb to port 1 of the diseqc and the 110 sat to port 2 of the diseqc and then match them in the receiver menu.....now you can ''blind scan'' and get all your channels (but they won't be named or won't be in dish order so you can use the channel editor to edit them if you like).....now you're ready to put your p$ donation info in the receiver so follow these steps.....

Run an Ethernet cable (should have got one with your receiver) from your modem or router into the back of your box.....

Go To.....Menu -> Network Setup -> CCcam Client Setup -> Manage Config Files -> Ccam.cfg.....

Press the ''blue'' button to Add.....

First item you'll see is Protocol so change this to "Newcamd" then fill in the server, port, username, password, DES key using the remote control.....

For the "." press the 1 key on the remote several times till you get to the desired character
    Use the VOL+ > key to move and input the next character......

When you're done hit the OK button (in other words hit the ''yellow'' key).....

Now make sure you press the ''green'' button to activate the Ccam.cfg line....you will see a check mark tick at the end of the line.....

Now reboot your receiver and go back in the menu to see if the info you added is now showing ''Online'' or ''OK'' and you should now get a picture (all info is case sensitive).....

Remember that you cannot edit, modify, or view the Ccam.cfg once it's inputed....so if it doesn't work you will have to delete it and start all over again from scratch...............good luck..................bigslim

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigslim For This Useful Post:

homer_™ (10-28-2012)

Thanks

Thank you for the reply Bigslim this reciever is diffren their is no protocol option this is what my menu looks like
    Under menu options I have system setup than I have local network settings which if set to on it says DHCP, when I switch off it asks for ip address: submask: gateway: DNS Preffered: DNS Aleternate: then an icon to apply i believe this seting is for network reciever updating.
    The next setting is the Cccam setting this has server index
    sever active: yes or no.
    URL:
    Port user:
    Portpassword:
    their is no protocol option and no spot to input the deskey.
    the third setting and the one I tried to put my info in is
    the Newcamd server setting again
    server index:
    server active:
    URL:
    port user:
    password:
    Deskey:
    also the blue button is usb, yellow abort, green delete, red caps,
    so this box is a little diffrent any further advice or suggestions on where to look either way though i guess i have to order Inbs i have dp plus the *********** 500 dish and also order an after market diseqc switch I have dish network one and probably the reason why i can even get channel 101
    Last edited by cxcapo; 10-28-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: error

Thanks

not sure what i did but go it working kind of the picture keeps freezing and losing signal I think i have a week wifi signal issue I probably have to find a signal amplifier to try and strengthen the signal coming from the tower and maybe move the wifi closer to the wifi bridge

Now what I need in the meantime is help making a channel list is their some sort of conversion for what channels are what on dish or can i simplfy the process by using a file older openbox version

Thanks

The other day a friend brought me a new S16 to setup for him, and I found these boxes to be a piece of sh***. I do not like them at all, and I read on other sites that the CS is very unreliable.

Thanks

Yes dissapionting to say the least, these boxes are not very user friendly for the beginner like as I with the exception of inputing the server info thats easy local setting set to input on than apply, or input manually then input other settings and your connected no need for special files to be loaded except for maybe a channel list if you can find one that works but I still have freezing issues probably because I am using a cell phone wifi and it is intermitent but not really you would think that if you lose signal the screen would lock becuse the reciever missed the code and when signal returns the box should than unscramble and continue to play I need to turn reciever off than back on every few minutes to get screen to unscramble or sometimes switch the channels back and forth a couple times I tried three different wifi hotspots boost, verizon, and att, on two diffrent phones the iphone and evo 3d flashed to the prepaid boost and verizon same issue but yet on the internet on my computer I can watch hulu and utube without buffering freezes, makes no sense to me why the box would not reactive automaticly when codes return. Also the remotes have a crappy range not good for a big living room need to be a few feet from reciever and pointed just at the right spot to change channels. umm lets see so far from my experience I scan channels and as you get into some of the higher channels you have to manualy go ito settings and switch the satellite frequencys to get signal to them and then back or diffrent freuquencys for other channels it will not do it automaticly although it might I havent really messed with the box in that area also I programmmed some of the channel names and it does not seam to wanna store the info I turn the box off and go back to it a couple days later and they are gone. right now im waiting on a dial up usb modem to be delivered obsolutey hard to find other than ebay not to mention i will now need to find some software to shoot my ip address around the world to make it anonomousas extra percaution. I dont get any other form of internet in my area except satellite or for the cellphone 3g, so dial up and a usb modem are my only options which is not working to date at least not for this box. after I get a steady conection and I guess pay for like net zero or juno dial up internet I wil be better capable to experiment with settings on this box. eventually I will post my complete experience put to date I would not recommend this box for the beginner or anyone who just wants to hit power button and change channels efffortlesssly because it is a frustrating and annoying processs for this box thus far but again I will leave a final thought in a couple weeks after I get my service dependable enough to make adjustments. remeber I am a noob so this is also a learning experience for me.

Thanks

Default Re: OpenBox s16 HD junk need good box any suggestioins please

Can Anybody reccommend a decent fair priced box this openbox s 16 is a not stable channels continue to scramble and lock i have to turn box off and then back on sometimes i can get away with changing the channel if i catch it quick enough wich is not exceptable I have tryied every option to keep the box from scrambling with no luck first 100 dollar signal booster repeater for my wireless hotspot after that did not work I got a dial up connection {netzero** had my landline installed than I bought a router and a modem still this box continues to free right now i have the box connected directly to the computer with an ethernet cable using my dial up to illiminate the router and no luck at first i thought my wireless signal was intermitant but had concerns why the box did not recoupe from the missed code which is why i went dial up because no dsl in my area but now after spending a bunch of money and ruling every possability out my final thought is this box is junk

I need a box that works good with the capability to recoupe from missing a code any thoughtds or suggestions on a stable reliable recviever

Ps anybody looking at this box stear clear not wort the cardboard it came in.

Thanks

One correction turned my ccccam server settings off and box recoupes from scramble slowly majority of time but still experiencing major freezing box is still in my experience garbage.

Thanks

Just wanted to give a final update, I am going to retire this box to my closet for now it could be the box does not like the server I am using but not likely maybe a dev can update the firmware or someone can find a correctable flaw in one of the components within the box. That is my personal conclusion after trying two s16 openbox's with the concurent results and now after purchasing a limesat ultra and having no issues which i would like to add I can now tether my box from my phones wifi no more freezing with the exception of an occasional freeze here or their I can at least enjoy tv. so ya maybe others will have better reults with this reciever. My experience was frustrating to say the least not to mention putting a dent in my wallet trying to find and correct the problem, now with the limesat in its place I can again enjoying my favorite programming. I will check back on occasion to see if another user has found the solution. thank you to those who offered their experience it was definetly appreciated.

Thanks

I hope this OpenBox S16 is good for HD FTA channels. I order two for a buddy of mine, Just for FTA. Since FTA channels are moving to HD.

Thanks

Umm I think so maybe somone else could probably chime in on fta though. I did not use the box for fta I am using a private p$ and had issues with the eithernet connection or the sofware the box is using for function in that area. I can say with confidence for dn you will not and probably bev aswell you will not get hd the hdmi port is only good for standard service.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cxcapo For This Useful Post:

RPM510 (12-11-2012)