Thread: "Warning" If you, your kids or grand kids take pics from your phone---WATCH THIS

Thanks
    Thanked 17,108 Times in 8,586 Posts

Default "Warning" If you, your kids or grand kids take pics from your phone---WATCH THIS

"Warning" If you, your kids or grand kids take pics from your phone---WATCH THIS!

This is truly alarming - please take the time to watch. At the end they'll tell you how to set your phone so you don't run this risk!
    PLEASE PASS THIS INFO TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO TAKES PICTURES WITH THEIR CELL OR
    SMART PHONE AND POSTS THEM ONLINE.
    I want everyone of you to watch this and then be sure to share with all your family and friends. It’s REALLY important info, about what your posting things on your cell phones can do TO YOU!!!

Too much technology out there these days so beware...........

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH THIS VIDEO, AND TAKE THE RECOMMENDED PRECAUTIONS.

If you have children or grandchildren you NEED to watch this. I had no idea this could happen from taking pictures on the blackberry or cell phone. It's scary.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY]Smartphone pictures pose privacy risks - YouTube[/ame]
    To become a VIP Member the cost is $6.00 for 3 month. Please Help to support the Site

Please do not PM (private message)me or any of the support staff with hardware or setup Problems. We will not answer them.
    Please post these in the forums. This way the information is shared by all and help can come from many. We support each other.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigkbox For This Useful Post:

benney (10-01-2011),harryb (10-01-2011),Hemi300C (10-01-2011),homer_™ (10-01-2011),OneHipGirl (10-01-2011),purriocity™ (09-30-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,039 Times in 2,199 Posts

Default Re: "Warning" If you, your kids or grand kids take pics from your phone---WATCH THIS

never even though about that before.

Thanks BK.
    STOP
    PMing me about your Private Server problems!
    Neither this site or myself have anything to do with them!

QUALITY!!

Quality is like buying oats.

If you want nice clean Oats you must pay a fair price.

However if you want Oats that have been through the horse, that's a little cheaper.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 729 Posts

Default Re: "Warning" If you, your kids or grand kids take pics from your phone---WATCH THIS

In short, meta data is more data about data. In most common document types, embedded within a file is more information, typically hidden from casual viewing. This hidden data is used by the computer programs to provide accurate processing information, i.e. what version of software was used to create the document, how the file is encoded, and often who created it.

apple
    Apple greatly simplified the way to turn off location services on a per-application basis. To see your settings, go to Settings, General, then Location Services. From there you can set which applications can access your GPS coordinates or disable it entirely.

With the iOS 3.x there are two ways to disable Geotagging of photos. The first involves disabling of all location based services. To disable this feature, Go to Settings, General then set Location Services to off.

Be warned: This will turn off ALL location based services for ALL applications. Of course we may actually have need to use location based services for other applications (such as maps and driving directions, or getting robbed via Foursquare), but just not for our pictures.

There is no easy way to disable location based servces for just one application. However, we can make the iPhone prompt us at first use for each application. Once reset, the first time we enter the application we can enable or disable location based services for the application. To do so we need to go to Settings, General, Reset.

Be careful here! We want to select Reset Location Warnings, and then Reset Warnings. This restores all of our Location based warnings for each application to the default, which in most cases is "Ask on first use".

From here, once we enter into the default Camera app on the iPhone, we can select Don't Allow. This will prevent the Camera app from geotagging our photos.