Thread: Firmware Update

Thanks

Default Firmware Update

I noticed I need to do an update on the box firmware to 207. My question is if there is a way to do this and not loose all the channels. I have read one needs to do a factory reset after loading the firmware. I loose my channels with the reset. I then have to rescan all over again and have continuing issues getting all the channels to scan. I have what I need now and have tried the many scanning techniques written on here. Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to floridaman For This Useful Post:

jayson1 (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 425 Posts

Default Re: Firmware Update

Go into the menu and change the setting to database and hit theblue button. Your channels will be saved. Once you're done updating go into menu and on the database setting go to next line and find the UDF file and load it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

floridaman (10-01-2012),jayson1 (10-05-2012),miketv (10-04-2012),vern (10-01-2012)

Thanks

I just loaded new file over old one and it workes perfect . Use front usb port
    curley one

- - - Updated - - -

curley one

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curley one For This Useful Post:

floridaman (10-02-2012),jayson1 (10-05-2012)

Thanks

I would suggest what Anubis said about saving your channel database. I took the time to move all my HD channels next to the respective SD channels. I also renamed some even though the latest file did a great job of correcting the channel names, they still missed some. Back to what I was saying, from time to time I manage to accidentally hit the sat button or another one that changes the order of the channels. Then all I need to do is reload the channel file and everything is back how I had them arranged. Now the bad news. When Dish does some transponder changes, you have to do a rescan, most resent one was changing the HD ppv channels from one satellite to another.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest what Anubis said about saving your channel database. I took the time to move all my HD channels next to the respective SD channels. I also renamed some even though the latest file did a great job of correcting the channel names, they still missed some. Back to what I was saying, from time to time I manage to accidentally hit the sat button or another one that changes the order of the channels. Then all I need to do is reload the channel file and everything is back how I had them arranged. Now the bad news. When Dish does some transponder changes, you have to do a rescan, most resent one was changing the HD ppv channels from one satellite to another.
    Just because the kittens were born in the oven doesn't make them biscuits.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowteck For This Useful Post:

jayson1 (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,114 Times in 5,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by curley one View Post
    curley one
    I noticed most of the Jynx files recommend a factory default in the user notes. If that's working for you great but if something isn't the way its supposed to be you will at least know what you need to do.

A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.
    Carlo Gambino

10. The Following User Says Thank You to homer_™ For This Useful Post:

floridaman (10-02-2012)

Thanks

So you know your recommendation worked just fine. I would never have figured it out. I suspect there is much more I don't know about this new box. Too bad there was no owner's manual included. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Go into the menu and change the setting to database and hit theblue button. Your channels will be saved. Once you're done updating go into menu and on the database setting go to next line and find the UDF file and load it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to floridaman For This Useful Post:

Anubis (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridaman View Post
    So you know your recommendation worked just fine. I would never have figured it out. I suspect there is much more I don't know about this new box. Too bad there was no owner's manual included. Thanks again.
    Great to hear. Enjoy your learning experience and remember there is always great help here for you.
    Even if there was a owners manual I doubt it would help when using 3rd party files. JMO.
    Last edited by Anubis; 10-02-2012 at 10:25 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

homer_™ (10-02-2012),Lowteck (10-02-2012),purriocity™ (10-02-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I'm using file 186 and want to save my channels before upgrading to file 207, but I can't find "database" anywhere in the menu.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I am not the best at explaining stuff but put in the USB stick then go to menu and the sub section USB Update. I can't recall the main section maybe Tools? If you know where the USB Update is that is where it is at. I found I needed to have the stick placed in the front for me to then click on USB Update and find it in that section. It took me a couple of times to follow the directions. When I get back I can go into it if this isn't enough/

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I'm using file 186 and want to save my channels before upgrading to file 207, but I can't find "database" anywhere in the menu.
    Any help will be appreciated.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to floridaman For This Useful Post:

homer_™ (10-04-2012)

Thanks

Thanks for your assistance Floridaman, I will try later, and I'm sure I'll be able to succeed with your instructions.

Thanks

If I remember correctly 186 still had the old and not the best channel names. Go ahead and do a update to 207 and rescan your channels, that way you will have most channels named correctly and if you did like me and move the 9000+ channels in with the respective SD channels, it is a lot easier with the correct names.
    Just because the kittens were born in the oven doesn't make them biscuits.