Thread: New jynxbox clone

Thanks

Default New jynxbox clone

I just received a jynxbox clone from china I just wanted to test to see if it worked as good as my real jynxbox it does so far, but I can't flash any new clone software to it, in system info stays on 2.42 any ideas on this, it works with a off air module just like my original. reboots when you change channel but my orignal keeps rebooting this one stops after one reboot so I don't have to get up and do a hard reset with the switch on back! Oh, they told me it was a clone and I could not use Korean software only China software well that is what they emailed to me!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bstreet For This Useful Post:

Mr Hanky (02-28-2014)

Thanks

Default Re: New jynxbox clone

I could not use Korean software
    That would be a good trick,since the original jynx box is from China also.......hmmmm.

whositwhatnow Guest

i have 244 on mine works fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bstreet View Post
    I just received a jynxbox clone from china I just wanted to test to see if it worked as good as my real jynxbox it does so far, but I can't flash any new clone software to it, in system info stays on 2.42 any ideas on this, it works with a off air module just like my original. reboots when you change channel but my orignal keeps rebooting this one stops after one reboot so I don't have to get up and do a hard reset with the switch on back! Oh, they told me it was a clone and I could not use Korean software only China software well that is what they emailed to me!
    The box came with preloaded file, it was working fine just keep the it was. Why bother to messing with it, if you have extra bucks to get a new piece go ahead and mess with it.

Thanks

I had a message from the seller in China telling me not to use the 242 filmware if it has it on it. This is a C/P of that part of my contact message after purchasing it.
    Code:
    www.songtaotech.com/jynxbox/243version.zip,
    if you get a new box, no a need update it at all. if you use a error firmware like the 242 version(it has the virus bomb and want to steal your iks account), please update your system to 243 version. Wasn't trying to post a live link, don't know how to disable it?
    Last edited by benney; 03-03-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks

How cheap is a clone.....and why buy one if you cant update it.....

Thanks

I paid like $134 U.S.D and it had both 8psk module (JB200) and the other module (ATSC) for use with OTA channels if you have an old tv without a converter box. It may be up-date-able, however, you never know about the 3rd party software. I just left mine alone, after I tried the 144 bin and it showed bin I already had, I didn't try the next bin 145.????? It would appear that no mater what FTA you buy, the updates end at some point. The price for the clone's or others like it speak for themself, when you price HD Units.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbird686 View Post
    How cheap is a clone.....and why buy one if you cant update it.....
    no more updates not even for the original units jynxbox gone to the lite unit and left the V 2,3,4, and 5 for the the Chinese market to deal with the clones

Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 2,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsukhara View Post
    no more updates not even for the original units jynxbox gone to the lite unit and left the V 2,3,4, and 5 for the the Chinese market to deal with the clones
    what are you talking about there is no such thing as a jynxbox 4 or 5... they are called clones

Loading up the short bus !!!
    baby Bobby, a nice guy , and Loretta
    All Aboard! ... Who's next?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WebWizard View Post
    what are you talking about there is no such thing as a jynxbox 4 or 5... they are called clones
    sorry bro about the v4 and 5 i think it was the last beer made me miss type try to edit but was too late

Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 2,229 Posts

LOL too funny

Loading up the short bus !!!
    baby Bobby, a nice guy , and Loretta
    All Aboard! ... Who's next?