Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ilink IR 210 Signal/Quality

Thanks

Default Ilink IR 210 Signal/Quality

Hey All!

I've posted before that we were having trouble setting up our IR 210. Well we narrowed it down to a few things.. did them.. and now we are still having trouble .. we got a new dish (which the previous one was 10+ years old.. so bingo that would be a major factor).. So we got a D1000*2 from D*sh. We set it up but we are still only getting a 70S/20Q... we think it could be one of a few things...

1. with the D1000*2 you need 650mA of DC current and our IR210 is only sending 500/550.. so my husband being the electrical engineer he is is whipping up another device that will help with that problem...

2. we dont have a network set up yet (could that have an impact on the S/Q?

3. when we do a "all channel" search but without a network i dont think anything will turn up..

i feel that if we could get our S/Q up then we wouldnt have this big of an issue...

Any other thoughts or links to other posts that would be helpful are completely welcome... we are not going to use the 128 degree port since we dont have that as an option on our box... we just want the 110 and 119... is there a way we could come up with a DC power supply and hook it up to one of the LMB inputs?

thanks a mil!

jess/vic

Thanks

Default Re: Ilink IR 210 Signal/Quality

okay since i have posted this we have got a subscription to a p$... still no new developments.. help!!! :/

Thanks

i think you might need a power inserter look at this hopefully someone with better understanding would help

i found this also

http://dsspros.com/forum/sat-hardwar...-1000-2-a.html

Code:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=dpp44+power+inserter

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mxfixies2013 For This Useful Post:

uluckydog (08-20-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,599 Posts

your dish still needs aiming...20% quality is way too low....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redneckyankee For This Useful Post:

uluckydog (08-20-2012)

Thanks

Okay we got signal up to 75% and quality to 95%.. we did a sweep of the satellites and got a good 250 channels or so.. (using only one lmb) we were super stoked (working on this for quite a while).. but ALL of the channels say "Scramble" except for that god aweful dish help screen.. with the annoying guy.. anyway.. we are kinda lost and not finding too many ways to fix the Scramble screens... (even on the radio screens).. we are still fiddling around with it but if anyone knows how to fix the "Scramble" that would be great!!!!

we did do a hard reset (factory reset)
    triple checked the server,port, authorization of our p$
    tried only using one satelite instead of 2-3..

any other ideas would be fantastic!!!

thanks
    J n' V.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uluckydog View Post
    Okay we got signal up to 75% and quality to 95%.. we did a sweep of the satellites and got a good 250 channels or so.. (using only one lmb) we were super stoked (working on this for quite a while).. but ALL of the channels say "Scramble" except for that god aweful dish help screen.. with the annoying guy.. anyway.. we are kinda lost and not finding too many ways to fix the Scramble screens... (even on the radio screens).. we are still fiddling around with it but if anyone knows how to fix the "Scramble" that would be great!!!!

thanks
    J n' V.
    So what finally got your signal/quality up to 75%/95%? Was it just some delicate fine tuning of the dish alignment? Or, did your switch require a power inserter?

I have the same problem as you with an I-Link IR 210. On some transponders, I seem to be limited at 70%/20% signal/quality. I just cannot seem to make it to 75% signal no matter how finely I tune the dish alignment.

Even worse, I can't get anything besides 0%/0% for 118.8 bird.

Thanks

uluckydog

If you have good signal & quality now yet still getting "scrambled" on all normal channels then its now limited to either a network problem or a server issue.

Network - check to make sure your receiver has been assigned an IP address from your router. Its in the menu and the IP info should automatically be filled in for you. Set to Auto or DCHP.

Server issue is either you have something entered incorrectly or perhaps your info from the P$ server is not active yet. You can ask a mod or someone you trust to test it for you to verify your info actually works.

Good Luck !!
    http://dsspros.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic31302_1.gif

Jynxbox Android HD, Jynxbox Android M6, MyGica ATV400, MyGica ATV1200

Thanks
    Thanked 7,244 Times in 4,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uluckydog View Post

thanks

J n' V.
    What file are you using?
    Please do not PM me or any of the support staff with hardware or setup problems. Please post questions in the forums.
    To become a VIP Member the cost is $6.00 for 3 month. Please Help to support the Site

Thanks

Angry Re: Ilink IR 210 Signal/Quality

i got same issue did you figure out with the 1000.2.... please reply

Thanks
    Thanked 13,095 Times in 5,692 Posts

You may have gotten signal and quality, but what satellite were you locked into..
    You need to know that satilite your locked into, especially if you want to implement a second or third lnb

Post the antenna settings so we can see if they reflect the equipment your using.

Once you get everything dialed in you should be getting 3 to 400 channels and per sat with a SD reciever. Mind you there is a lot of garbage that you can't get but a good scan will yield that many channels.

The scrambled message with your IKS doesn't have anything to do with your signal and quality but your signal and quality will influence how well your exchanging info from the server.

A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.
    Carlo Gambino

Thanks

hello guy i am having problems with my i-link 210 i have a turbo hd dish and cant get signal s75 and q20 any help plz

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Ilink IR 210 Signal/Quality

i got same issue did you figure out with the 1000.2.... someone plz reply

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kidal4u View Post
    i got same issue did you figure out with the 1000.2.... someone plz reply
    Tell us a little about your issue. Did this setup work before or is this a new install? Do you have a dp44? Are there any barrel connectors? Are you aligning 119 first? Signal is connection to lnb and quality is alignment, information from satellite. You need a solid connection before you start aligning dish. information please

Thanks

i was trying to use a dish that was in my roof before is a turbo dish hd

Thanks

i know when i was a pay sub that dish was pointer to 61.5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast