Thread: Is fish still using vanilla prepaid visa cards? I am having problems renewing

Thanks

Default Is fish still using vanilla prepaid visa cards? I am having problems renewing

I have used this same vanilla visa card before with no problems but I tried tonight to renew and I was rejected. I think I have enough funds on the card, its about $3 extra on the card than what the payment is well anyway I also tried renewing just for a month too to make sure there was enough funds on the card which would be more than double what the one month payment would be and still was rejected. Its been over 6 months since I used the vanilla visa prepaid did anything change and they are no longer accepted? I did try several transactions which failed do I have to wait a 24 hour period before I can try again or does this apply only to successful transactions?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,103 Times in 5,693 Posts

Default Re: Is fish still using vanilla prepaid visa cards? I am having problems renewing

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I have used this same vanilla visa card before with no problems but I tried tonight to renew and I was rejected. I think I have enough funds on the card, its about $3 extra on the card than what the payment is well anyway I also tried renewing just for a month too to make sure there was enough funds on the card which would be more than double what the one month payment would be and still was rejected. Its been over 6 months since I used the vanilla visa prepaid did anything change and they are no longer accepted? I did try several transactions which failed do I have to wait a 24 hour period before I can try again or does this apply only to successful transactions?
    I know someone else that had an issue with the vanilla prepaids, Check out Myfishtv he takes them.

A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.
    Carlo Gambino

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homer_™ For This Useful Post:

myfishtv (10-02-2012),rockman (10-02-2012)

ruthie Guest

Default Re: Is fish still using vanilla prepaid visa cards? I am having problems renewing

Did you by chance look on back of card and register it ? if possible for online purchases? You don;t need to use your own name/addy/zip-postal etc(you just need to remember all that you registered it under)....i have registered all my prepaids so if doing online purchases theres no issues...just a thought

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Did you by chance look on back of card and register it ? if possible for online purchases? You don;t need to use your own name/addy/zip-postal etc(you just need to remember all that you registered it under)....i have registered all my prepaids so if doing online purchases theres no issues...just a thought
    This probably answer the questions for me and for others with the same problem. I notice this statement on vanilla site:

Due to changes in applicable law, gift cards purchased after March 31, 2012 may not be used for international transactions or purchases. Please use gift cards for domestic U.S. transactions or purchases only.

My last renewal was right before 3/31 so probably that answers why I was able to use the card before and not now. So I guess that means all gift cards as of now can only do US transactions no china, etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rockman For This Useful Post:

homer_™ (10-02-2012)

ruthie Guest

This probably answer the questions for me and for others with the same problem. I notice this statement on vanilla site:

Due to changes in applicable law, gift cards purchased after March 31, 2012 may not be used for international transactions or purchases. Please use gift cards for domestic U.S. transactions or purchases only.

My last renewal was right before 3/31 so probably that answers why I was able to use the card before and not now. So I guess that means all gift cards as of now can only do US transactions no china, etc
    I have 3 pre paid Visa's....non reloadable and registered them on the visa site visacard.giftcardstore....and allows for all transactions....they all have to be registered now for online purchases....and make sure on the back of card etc it says for online purchases/international etc.....simple as stated above to register under a different name etc..i have heard....lol

Thanks

They now are required to collect your information and give it to the IRS so you are no longer invisible and the IRS can monitor your transactions.

I would try GREEN DOT or NETSPEND instead.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,103 Times in 5,693 Posts

That's good info to know... I guess Vanilla prepaids are a wash when it comes to international transactions. They are going to miss out on a lot of business due to this policy.

These cards are non refundable so it's a good Idea to know ahead of time which ones work.

If anyone has had any success with prepaid cards and international transactions please share which one....

I am aware of one that does, it's simply called "Gift Card"
    Here's their site
    Code:
    www.giftcardstore.ca
    They deal with the citizens bank of Canada.

If there are any others that you have stumbled across please let us know

A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.
    Carlo Gambino

10. The Following User Says Thank You to homer_™ For This Useful Post:

NOKIA™ (10-02-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by homer_™ View Post
    That's good info to know... I guess Vanilla prepaids are a wash when it comes to international transactions. They are going to miss out on a lot of business due to this policy.

These cards are non refundable so it's a good Idea to know ahead of time which ones work.

If anyone has had any success with prepaid cards and international transactions please share which one....

I am aware of one that does, it's simply called "Gift Card"
    Here's their site
    Code:
    www.giftcardstore.ca
    They deal with the citizens bank of Canada.

If there are any others that you have stumbled across please let us know
    Thanks homer I took your advise and went with myfishtv everything went smooth sailing

Thanks

Its not fishtv who did not go with vanilla visa cards its 95epay. Now you have too get a rbc visa card to use 95epay. Hope that helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl6900 View Post
    Its not fishtv who did not go with vanilla visa cards its 95epay. Now you have too get a rbc visa card to use 95epay. Hope that helps.
    I don't even think it's 95epay fault either but the fault of the law:

From my understanding. If I am incorrect please correct me